Sunday, July 19, 2009

Selective Re-Colouring...

Right, back to the Jessica Sprague photo editing class and the next lesson. This lesson I really love as the result is so "wow". Yes it's not something you want to do to every photo, or even that many, but on the odd one it can really give a dramatic effect. We're talking about selective re-colouring...

You start off with just a normal photo. Preferably something with a bit of a "big focal point". Something like a landscape photo without a main focal point won't really get the same effect at all...

Then you remove all the colour from the photo and using a layering mask you "paint in/back" the colour on the selected part(s) that you want to have coloured. It's really, really cool. I have done this a few times in the past but not enough to remember how to do it off hand. So again it's a case of being reminded on how to do it before the technique comes back to you. Anyone get a feeling I have said this a few times during the class and maybe, just maybe, I should take some time to practice all these techniques a few times so I don't need to look up how to do it next time? I do!! LOL! It's just finding the time for it...

No comments: