Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"Walk In The Park" - Layout Class

Please feel free to use these instructions to make your own layout. You are free to link to this page from any forum etc if you wish. Please do NOT copy this information and/or photos to use for your own classes/forums/webpages without permission.

Supplies needed:
Love Elsie – Toby – “Culture”
Love Elsie – Toby – “Thoughts”
Love Elsie – Toby – “Carry On”
Love Elsie – Toby – Big ribbon pack
Love Elsie – Toby – Tiny ribbon pack
Love Elsie – Toby – alphabet cardstock stickers
October Afternoon – Candid Camera stampset
American Crafts – Thickers – Latte, Foam, Black
American Crafts – Thickers – Daiquiri, Foam, Black
American Crafts – Playhouse Chipboard Stars

Also needed:
Glue (I use Herma removable)
Black Slick Writer
Charcoal Chalk Inkpad (optional)
Stapler
Scalloped scissors (optional)
Scrap piece of white cardstock

Start by cutting your patterned paper (“Culture”) to size. I scrap in true A4 size, so I cut mine to 29,7x21 centimetres (cm). Please feel free to adapt to another layout size if you prefer. We will be using the striped side of the paper for the base of the layout.

Also pick your photo. I’m using a standard 15x10 cm (6x4) photo in a landscape format. If you’re working on a bigger sized layout (say 12x12) then a larger photo would also work great.

Get your patterned papers and cut the following:
• 18x7,5 cm piece from “Culture”
• 11x9,5 cm piece from “Thoughts”
• 12x3 cm piece from “Carry On”

Use the scalloped scissors on one of the long sides of your “carry On” piece. Then use the chalk inkpad on the edges of all pieces. Attach onto layout as shown in photo below (the long strip of “Culture” starts 1,5 cm in from the left side of my layout). Attach your photo in place.

Pick two ribbons that you like. I picked the “go, see, explore” from the big ribbon set and a brown ribbon from the tiny ribbon set. My green ribbon is 27 cm long and the brown 25 cm. I have cut them at an angle on the right edge. Attach along the bottom of your layout and staple in place. Use the Thickers and Toby chipboard stickers to make up a title of your choice. I like to outline my stickers with a black Slick Writer so they stand out better.

Finally add some chipboard stars. I picked three lime green ones. Pick a suitable stamp from the set, stamp onto your piece of scrap white cardstock, fill in with details, edge with chalk ink and attach along the left side of the photo.

I hope you enjoyed my class! Wishing you lots of fun creating your own version!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great layout class, Anso! You make it look so easy. )

Rhonda said...

Anso, Thank you so much for your classes and layouts. You've inspired me to start scrapbooking and get creative again. I lost my mom to suicide 4 years ago and lost all desire for anything creative (I studied fine arts in University). I am now scrapping every day and even joined a few swaps. I have subscribed to the scrap-room (*love* their stuff. I love seeing your pages and have read your entire blog. Feel free to check out my blog too...
Rhonda