Friday, June 12, 2009

Blogging About Blues...

The next colour to to be picked for the photos is blue. For those of you who don't know, I'm following Shimelle's "A Month Of Colour" where she, at the moment, encourage us to find and capture colour in our everyday lives. If you go back through my posts from this week you can see the previous colour picks. Anyway onto blue...

Blue for me is a pretty blue sky. Blue sky and sun shine (pref in combination with the beach near my parents' summer house in Sweden!) is always guaranteed to put a smile on my face. Not matter what your mood is, a blue sky makes you feel better. Love it :)

...so after taking a photo out of the window this morning, I ventured into the living room and spotted our blue tea light holders from Sweden. I love the design by the Finnish company Iittala and have them in several different colour combinations (yes, green too of course).

Next a very blue book which is part of one of my most favourite book series - The Earth Children by Jean M Auel. I have the complete series (or as complete as it is today...who knows when book 6 will come out) in both Swedish and English because I like it so much. My only other books like that are the Harry Potter series. The Swedish collection is so much nicer/more special looking (I mean the hard covers) than the UK one.

...a pot of Liz Earle Superbalm. I'm not really one for sticking to a particular beauty or hair range, instead I like to mix and match. But Liz Earle's range of products is one that I come back to time and time again.

...and finally my blue little box. This is where I store any tiny paper strips or left over little bits of stash. Basically anything that doesn't go into my 12x12 ziplock bag of cardstock scraps or my ziplock bag of patterned paper scraps. I use little bits from this box every time I scrap.

...and with that I'm leaving you for today as I'm off to fetch myself a big glass of cold water - it's rather hot in here & then I'm going to sort some cardstock.

Hope you all have a great Friday :)

1 comment:

melle said...

I love Jean M. Auel too! Nice to see it here at your Blog!

Greetings from Germany
Melanie