Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Having Fun With The Course...

Yesterday was the first day of the PSE/digital scrapping on-line course which I'm taking with Jessica Sprague. I can't tell you how good the tutorials are - really, just super! I know that I do a lot of hybrid things, but I have never really ventured into digital scrapping before so I thought I'd better start with the "beginner's class". Having done the first lesson, I realise that maybe I have made a mistake. Maybe I have under estimated what I have learnt through hybrid and I really should have gone for the "intermediate" class instead. 95% of the lesson yesterday I knew and only 5% was something new I learnt. But oh well, you live and you learn. And I really can not say enough just *how* great the tutorials are :)

So what did I learn? Well I made my first layout featuring a photo of my little niece. This is a layout following the class, using the supplies we got to download etc (so not my normal style LOL!):

But I couldn't just leave it there. I had bought some digital kits at some of the great NSD (National Scrapbooking Day) sales over the weekend and I just couldn't resist adding some super cute monkeys by Mindy Terasawa:


We have smaller tasks for the next few days and then another big layout class next Monday - can't wait :)

No comments: