Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Happy, Happy Day...

The *only* photos I have of me/family are the ones from the last few years, you know, digital ones. All proper photos and baby photos etc, my parents have in albums in Sweden.

So today, totally out of the blue, I just got the best gift in the post ever!!!! :)

Dad secretly had bought a scanner for slides and scanned loads and loads of slides from when I was a baby/young and sent a USB memory with them (as a gift too rather than putting them on a CD). Baby photos of me, baby photos of my sister and brother, and also (very precious) photos of my grandparents on both sides of the family (no longer with us). This was just the *best*!! I'm just sitting here with a HUGE, HUGE smile on my face!! :)))

And of course I threw myself on the phone to mum and dad straight away!! :))

7 comments:

Jenni said...

My dad has one of those scanners too. Every so often he'll email me a picture of me when I was 5 or younger.

lutingobelin said...

So beautiful present ! And I think that you are going to be inspired for next layouts...

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your layouts with all these pics! Go Dad, he is way cool!

Ginny said...

That is so cool, yeah dad!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! I've borrowed all our families old photo albums and I'm currently scanning them in. Taken ages so far - wish my Dad would do it for me! :-P

Have a great day - and happy scrapping!! x

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your sweet congrats comment on my blog!!!! Blog surfing is def one of my fave sources for inspo too!

Anonymous said...

Talk about having figured out EXACTLY how to make your day - yay what a great gift!