Friday, March 08, 2013

My Christmas Album...

I realised that I have totally forgotten to put my finished Christmas Album on here!! I always finish my Christmas album after December. Usually I scrap about half way and then, due to often not having access to my supplies, and I leave the rest until the next year. My album this year was finished very early in February. I normally finish late February some time.

I made my album from scratch and my covers from scratch. I can't remember the exact size of the covers right now but I made it so the pages inside will hold 2 landscape 15x10 cm (6x4 inches) photos above each other.

The covers are made by chipboard and covered in Echo Park papers both inside and out. Then I added some Distress Stickles to some of the pattern in the paper.

My album is bound with the largest O-Wire and the Bind-It-All machine. Red wire. I kept my pages as non-bulky as I could and bound it as all the pages were finished.

The reason that I didn't bind it when I made the covers is that I was unsure how many pages I wanted for each day (depending on how many photos I wanted to feature) and what order I wanted my pages in (I have lots of varied sizes of pages).

I ended up using one page for most days but I also have days that have 5-7 (!) pages. I love, love, love working with the format of different sized pages and have done so for several of my Christmas albums in the past too. I know this won't be the last time either :)

Just like it's super nice to have finished the album from last Christmas, it's super exciting to get to start the album for *next* Christmas. Come December, I'll be so ready again and I already have plans for an album that I might use... :)))


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this Christmas Album! Linda