Friday, July 15, 2011

Playing With New Stamp...

The other day I got a great new background stamp. Straight away I knew I wanted to have lots of fun colouring it in with my Copics. :)

Above is this week's colour combo for Summer Card Camp. So I got my Copics out (plus my Copic colour chart) and started trying to match the colours to my markers. It's always hard as monitors display shades differently... but these are the colours I came up with:

YR30 Macadamia Nut, E04 Lipstick Natural, E25 Caribe Cocoa, R29 Lipstick Red and E47 Dark Brown.

I coloured in selected parts of the image (I already knew I wanted to leave some parts white) and then I used some Ranger white enamel accents on a few shapes too. In reality these enamel parts looks really white, slightly raised and glossy but that doesn't really show up so well in a photo.

A greeting stamped on a homemade banner, some flowers, a button and some embroidery floss later and the card was complete. :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like this card. Great idea to stamp a whole background stamp & color in with the weekly colors. Nice!

auntpiggy said...

Wow, that's a lot of colouring (and a gorgeous, gorgeous stamp). This reminds me a bit of some patterned paper that Basic Grey brought out for Valentines a few years back. It was called "Bittersweet" but the colours weren't as nice as these.