Sunday, July 31, 2011

An Amy Tan Kinda Mini Book...

Sometimes it's fun to make something different. And I'm sure a lot of us have seen the mini books that Amy Tan does. Quick, easy and fun! :)

So I decided to give it a go...

This is what I started off with. Lots of pretty papers in different sizes. I decided to set myself the challenge that I was ONLY allowed to use scraps and I could not use a single full sheet of patterned paper or cardstock. This makes me happy :) I love working with scraps :)

Once I had created my book, got all the papers chosen, scored, folded and in the order I wanted, I used bulldog clips to hold them in place while...

...I used some pretty baker's twine to hand stitch the spine. What you can see is the cover (the book is lying flat open for stitching the spine)... kraft cardstock covered with a very old (Fancy Pants?) piece of transparency.

Fun project :)

1 comment:

fatmonica said...

Great idea-I'd love to see what you use it for.