Thursday, October 07, 2010

A New Tool...

Earlier in the week I got a new tool to play with. Sew Easy by We R Memory Keepers...

I was a little unsure about it before I bought it... but in the end I decided to gamble. I always like sewing on layouts and since my sewing machine is so unreliable it should really be on the tip (if someone can recommend a good reliable one to a decent price, please leave a comment!), I figured I'd give this a go.

When it arrived I played with it a bit on scrap card. Just to practice, to see how easy I found pushing it in a straight line (no problem for me at all) and just generally to get the hang of how much pressure to use etc. Of course also to test out the different heads/patterns :)

I then ventured onto a layout (which I have yet to finish as I'm playing with my Copics and Christmas images at the moment)...

I really enjoyed the sewing and it's great that you can just use ordinary embroidery floss once the colours run out that I got with the Sew Easy kit too :) I also love how you can make different sewing patterns (using your imagination and there are also some suggestions supplied) for each lot of holes/patternhead.

After the first play I can say that I really like this tool so far and think I will get a lot of use out of it :)

No comments: