Monday, January 04, 2010

The Plan Is Made,,,

I posted yesterday about how I had a lot of work to do on my Christmas journal due to being abroad most of December...

ShellyDee - thanks for the comment that you left on that post. It felt nice to know that I'm not the only one out there trying to get my journal done :) And I'm also very glad if my idea of planning for the remaining pages helped you too. :)

When I woke up this morning with a migraine I could have easily used that as an excuse to not getting started. Instead I took some medicine, waited for that to work (though I can feel it coming back now so I better get off this computer soon!) and then sat down with a paper, numbering it 8-31 for the days I have left in my journal.

Referring to my photos folders for the month of December made it rather easy for me to map out what subject + photos I wanted for each day. I spent the whole morning finding and picking my photos. I got a total of 39 photos for my journal. Some of these have two pictures to each photo as I wanted some smaller ones too.

Then, unfortunately, I spent most of this afternoon battling with ordering them from Photobox. The site just kept hanging on "checking out" no matter what I did. I have just now *finally* got my order confirmed - yay! :)

Conclusion:

Positive: I feel really pleased that I made a good start on my journal despite easily having had a "good excuse" not to start today.

Negative: I'm absolutely exhausted from picking, editing photos and battling with the Photobox site today that there's no energy left for anything else scrapping-wise. Oh well. Let's focus on the positive :)

If you're doing a Christmas journal I would love to hear how it's gone for you? Finished? Lots left to do? If you are not finished, what are your best strategies for getting your journal done rather than taking the easy route of giving up?

7 comments:

Luschka said...

I alternate between Photobox and Truprint for that exact reason... and I check to see which one has better deals when I want to print. Might be worth checking out?

Liberty :) said...

I kept up to date sort of - had a catch up day on the 21st and the 29th and now just have 31st to go. Feel I want to stop there really.

Need to do the front and back covers.

Lost the love for it half way through. Didn't *love* any page in particular. BUT I adore the journal as a whole. I did it a bit December Daily mixed with Shimelle.

Kept the focus on 2009 rather than old traditions etc.

I plan to do a Christmas book of Childhood traditions and christmas past using Shimelle's prompts!

Next year I'll be doing it digitally and 6 x 6 I think.

Mariangeles M said...

I've just done 1-5 but have a few others half way done.

I really want to make it since it's my third attempt and this year... I'll finish it in a decent time!!

Kat said...

I haven't done ANYTHING so far this time round, Anso ... so I think I'm the worst. ;)

I really want to finish it this time though, as I want to start a new one this December (new decade and all that) ... and finish the album after I've started the first class for it in 2005 I WILL!!! ;)

Fortunately I still have some "archived" entries so it's not the full journal I have to do. :) Got the prompts in my bag for work tomorrow plus a notepad and plan to do some journalling at least.

Oh ... was wondering if you could suggest some "basic" Copics for me, Anso? Which would you suggest? Much appreciated! :)

Tassie said...

This is my first year doing the journal. I was determined to complete it. I have a couple of "holes" waiting to get the pictures, so that I can create the page around the pics. I finished the page for the 25th. I have been diligent on my journaling... now it is all about getting it put on a page, and into the book. I think I will complete all 40 days. I am very excited about what I have already accomplished!

Firebook Fiction said...

I kept a journal of each day for Dec for Shimelle's JYC. Tomorrow I will select photos. I decided to do my JYC this year after the holidays were over. I love scrapbooking and this is my gift to myself. Now I don't feel rushed and I can take my time. I'm really excited and looking forward to start putting it all together. So please don't feel your behind. YOUR NOT! Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better. I'm in CA USA by the way.And I'm Annette (my son is Nicholas, I guess I should get my own account!).

Joanna said...

i started really well preparing all my pages in advance.....and thats all i've managed to do so far. so, i've decided that i will be making a 'general' christmas journal without specifically numbering the pages or creating pages for specific days. i will be printing out all my christmas photos and will be creating layouts for each occasion or event which we experienced over christmas as i did not keep a journal of what happened which day.