I have finally had the chance to grab a camera and take some photos of the second journal for Karla's class that I made. This one was quite different and took a lot longer time to make than the first one. It included a lot more pages inside and the spine was glued instead of stapled.
Because it has so many pieces of cardstock inside (40+) I couldn't get the journal to lay open (flat) while taking photos of the inside (and I don't have three or four hands to hold the journal open AND take photos at the same time LOL!), so instead I will show you some of the inside pages before they went into the album.
Some were totally plain... just white cardstock. Others were also plain but I used a variety of border punches on the edges. And then rest were stamped with some digital stamps that Karla supplied, then printed and cut to size. These were then randomly mixed throughout the book.
The finished book is 10x 10 centimetres and turned out really cute. The cover is designed by Karla and the spine is covered by some "Love Elsie" fabric paper.
If you look carefully at the photo below you can see the different "lengths" of the pages at the right side of the book - this is because some of the pages have the fancy border-cut edges.
The closure for this book was really cool and probably a bit hard to explain in photos/words, but I'll try... Two eyelets were put through the back cover and the string (embroidery floss) is looped through them...
Then it comes up and over the pages on the outside (right side as you look at the book), only to go INSIDE the front cover, come UP through the button holes and it's then finally tied in a bow on the front of the button/cover :)
A pretty neat way of a closure which I have never seen before. I hope my explanation together with the photos explained it well enough. :)
Have a great weekend everyone! :)