Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Card For My Niece...

Thanks for all the comments regarding Copics during the last few days - I have really appreciated them :) And yes I printed out one of those colour charts even before I got my pens. You know, the one where you fill in which colours you have. Even though this is handy when you buy new colours I find it's even more handy while you use your markers and I refer to it all the time for picking which shade to use.

Above is a card I made for my niece who turns two soon (Grattis = Congratulations). Please don't judge the actual card design LOL! I know it's VERY simple. I kinda had to get it off to Sweden in a rush, way ahead of time, hoping that the UK postal strikes will still allow it to arrive in time. The Copics underneath is what I used to colour the image. I really had so much fun and I think I have mastered the technique of not going over the lines while blending now too! Yay!

Kat you asked where I got my pens from. I ordered from Stamp Galaxy - the cheapest place I could find in the UK + very good service! Anyone else found a cheaper place? I also ordered a few shades (as Stamp Galaxy did not have the ones I wanted) from Cult Pens and the service was excellent too :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey I hope you feel better soon, and I left you something over on my blog!

Kat said...

Loving the card, Anso! And thanks for the info on the copic pens ... will have to look into purchasing a couple myself... ;) And watch a lot of youtube for it I think... as well as the H2O colours.