Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Hotspots"....

I think we all have them in our houses. "Hotspots"...places where things tend to gather in a pile. Fortunately we don't have too many, but one such place was on top of the microwave. We don't have too much work surface in the kitchen so anything small tends to end up there. Shopping list, vouchers, various pens, tape, tea light holders, boxes of matches etc. It was kinda a mess in our otherwise very tidy kitchen and it bothered me...

So on Sunday evening (what a time to pick!) we suddenly decided to sort it out. We dumped all the stuff on the kitchen table and I went through it all, sorted, put away and threw away while Ross had the microwave out from the wall and cleaned it inside and out plus the surface on which it stood etc.

Now all that we have on there is the shopping list pad, a timer and a portable fire alarm. Neat and tidy. Result :)

But we were still left with some pens... Pens that would normally go in a pen jar on the window sill next to the microwave. In an empty jam jar. With a label half torn off. Not the prettiest. So to go with our new tidy ex-hotspot I decided to make a "happy" pen jar yesterday...

[Supplies: Bug-A-Boo Kinda Love by Lauren Grier (SSD)]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I think you need to come over to my house, help me clean out my numerous hotspots and make cute storage for things!

Anonymous said...

Decluttering always feels so great - congrats on putting out your hotspot fire!

Nikki said...

So cute! My hotspot is our dining room table...I need to tackle it for sure :)

Kat said...

Congrats on doing the hotspots... I am going to join your attempts to "fly" tomorrow when I will start with the babysteps again... shine that sink!!! ;)

"Pimping" the jam jar is a very good idea... I've collected tins etc. and am going to look into this as well soon. :)

Angela said...

We have many hotspots in our house...mainly the kitchen table!

LuAnn said...

cute little can! Our hotspot is anywhere that is already occupied!!! It's so frustrating at times!!!