Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not Liking Papers...

You know when you just don't like some scrapping papers - they are not *you*, you think you just can't scrap with them, or they don't inspire you? And then you get them in a kit and there's nothing you can do. Do you still scrap with them? I try to. To use them up. Most of the time I end up doing something that I'm not so keen on when it's finished. At other times I surprise myself.

Yesterday was one of those days. I have had these Cosmo Cricket papers for a while which just seemed soooo dull and boring. So I wanted to use up the papers and get them out of the way LOL! I decided to go a bit mad and totally cut up a paper and follow the shape of the pattern. The result? I'm pretty happy with it considering how much I disliked the papers to start with LOL! So what did I create? This:

Supplies: Cosmo Cricket papers, the frame is made with Bazzill cardstock & Uniball white pen, paper strip is from a Scenic Route paper, Autumn Leaves, October Afternoon and Sassafras Lass stamps plus American Crafts Thickers (of course!)

So why not pick up those "dreaded" papers you have and try to scrap something today? :)

3 comments:

Olive said...

Good idea! I think it's a beautiful lo.

asia wu said...

Great page, I also made recently an album with papers that I bought and I thought I would never use them - but - as in your LO - thay came out really nice.

Happy Easter!

Clare said...

You know, sometimes when I don't like papers I find it EASIER to use them up. I keep the nice ones to stroke... and I can't bear to cut into them. That's a great LO in the end, very pretty.