Sunday, January 27, 2008

Teaching Myself...

For the last few weeks I have slowly been teaching myself Photoshop Elements. I want to get to the point that: when I want to edit a photo, Elements will be the program I choose to use. I'm not there yet, but I can see I'm getting closer and closer.

Also another reason for this (though I would have been swapping to Elements anyway) is the photo editing course that I'm taking by Adrienne Looman which starts on the 5th of February. I'm sooo excited about this and can't wait for it to start!! :) But before then, I want to be as familiar with Photoshop Elements that I can be. So I'm trying hard! LOL!

I had this photo which I took of my mum in the summer. Only she was standing in the shadow and the background was in bright sunlight. A big failure of a photo. When I downloaded it onto my computer in the summer, my first thought was to delete it. Too bad to keep. To bad to print. But I stopped myself in the last second. Thinking: "Maybe some day I can find/learn a way to edit this into something better". So I kept it.

Today I got that photo out and tried to edit it with what I had learnt in Elements so far. I can't even remember what functions I used. And I'm sure that I probably didn't pick the best ways to edit the photo either. But I was really pleased with what I achieved. And I feel that if I can do this now (feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing with the program yet)...then there's a good chance I can improve it even more when I feel a bit more confident using the program :)

No comments: