Saturday, January 05, 2008

Catching up...

I'm catching up after our trip to Sweden. It's so nice to be back scrapping again and I have definitely missed my stash!

I managed to plan and work a little more on my Christmas journal yesterday. Here's the page for the 23rd of December:

I have used Scenic Route papers and Love Elsie ribbon. The original prompt was really about stockings. But since we don't do them, I decided to write about something else instead. Christmas in Sweden is celebrated on the 24th of December and the 23rd is pretty big in my family as this is the day we decorate the tree and house ready for Christmas.

The 23rd this year turned out a little more eventful than normal though. I had strange stomach pains for two days and they just kept getting worse and worse. On the night between the 22nd/23rd it was so bad the whole of me was twitching as the pains came and went. So 4 hours (!) that next day was spent at the Accident & Emergency. Turned out I had a really bad stomach inflammation and came home armed with medication. I wasn't sure whether to journal about this or not, but since it was a major worry at the time and it affected our "getting ready for Christmas" plans so much, I decided that it did have a place in my journal after all.

No comments: