Monday, November 12, 2007

Christmas journaling...

Last year I did a Christmas journal/scrapbook. I took an on-line class by Shimelle and really enjoyed it (if you go back to Nov/Dec last year in my blog posts you can see lots of pics of my book/pages). I'm going to do it this year again since I enjoyed it so much and a bonus on top of that is that she lets you take the class for free for future years (once you have joined and paid the first time). So I'm sitting here thinking about a format for the book I'm doing this year. First I was thinking square and pretty big, but now I think I might have gone off that idea as I work better using a rectangular format. We'll see... More thinking needed! LOL!

This is a layout I did of my dad the other day. It's not often I say so about my own work, but I was really pretty pleased with how this turned out.

Supplies: Scenic Route papers, October Afternoon stamps, Making Memories rub-ons, Maya Road and Heidi Swapp chipboard.

Stash diet update: 22 of 50 layouts done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great with your stash diet ... well done! Love your layout, especially how you've done your title.

I'm thinking of doing Shimelle's class again this year. I did it a couple of years ago, but didn't complete it, so I might have another go this year too. :)

Unknown said...

WOW!! you are flying thru that stash of yours Anso . . . . . . Margaret

pmk said...

I'm very impressed with the layout total, well done! I'm a bit behind at the moment, I think I'm at about 12? I did Shimelle's class last year and am just debating how to do it this year. I'd like to do something a bit different (last year I did it in a kraft paper type of notebook from Paperchase and did a double page layout each day which I found quite time consuming) Need to get my thinking cap on!