Sunday, July 15, 2007

Harry Potter...

I couldn't resist picking a Swedish poster for the movie...

...which we just went to watch this morning. Yep we set the alarm (the cinema we wanted to go to is not that near) and we went for the 09:30 showing in the morning. Thought there would be hardly any people there considering the time on a Sunday morning...and I guess compared to an evening showing it wasn't - but there were far more people there than you would have thought.

So the film...I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, but it was great! I'm not so keen on dark films though (I don't mean dark=evil, but dark as in colours) so I wish it would have been a bit lighter/brighter. Yes I know it has some "dark parts" in it so it's suitable there...but I still think the show film could have been a bit brighter at least in places. Apart from that I thought it was great.

One thing though, everytime I watch an Harry Potter movie I really wonder how much sense the story would make to anyone who hasn't read the books before. No explanations are ever given to anything and the film jumps quickly from one thing to another without telling you why (which of course you know if you have read the book). I have felt this ever since the first film...though I do think the later ones are even more so. Then again, would you go and watch the films if you haven't read the books? Probably not...
Can't wait for the book next week...

2 comments:

Craftybanshee said...

I've enjoyed all of the Harry Potter films Anso, and I've yet to read any of the books. We watched the latest one yesterday and although I enjoyed it, I thought it was dark compared to the others. Great special effects though.

Deirdre said...

My husband hasn't read the books and he enjoys the movies. He says they have great character development, unlike most movies today, all CGI and explosions.