Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mmm...

Seems like I might have been one of the last people to get my Scrap-Room kit in the UK this month. But who cares LOL! Now it's here and I love it!! Lots of yummy stuff this month. Can't decide if my favourite kit is the Scenic Route one or the Junkitz one. But definitely one of those two.

And I had some questions about the background I did yesterday. Thanks for the nice comments :) Okay to describe it quickly: start with a piece of chipboard. Cover it with Mod Podge (I used Glossy - that's why the finished piece looks almost like it's made of plastic) and add crumpled tissue paper and put a layer of Mod Podge on top. Let this dry. It can take many hours. Then I painted with pink acrylic paint. Let that dry. Then brushed very lightly with white acrylic paint over (so it only caught the very top of the tissue bumps). Let that dry. Added a few different colours of H2Os in random places. Let that dry. And finished with another coat of Mod Podge. Hope that explains it :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

flower 'family' kit looks good, u will come up with fab layouts !! are the arrows stamps or rub-ons? I like. . . . I got some tiny flower stamps yesterday. Thank u so much Anso for sharing your BPS class with us-- love it--good to learn diff. technqs. I did an ATC class - start with ATC card, tear out page from phone book, stick with glue stick onto card, trim to size (or u can tear around first then stick on), dab ink all over as light or as heavy as u want to decorate it (leave some spaces), we used Tim Holtz distressed ink pad (any color u want). then get paint brush & water & lightly brush over ink & it spreads it & ends up looking like old world image. Dry carefully with heat gun (not too close). Then it's ready to embellish.
Did you get your car Anso ??? Margaret