Monday, June 25, 2007

Love Elsie...

Sorry I missed my daily blogging yesterday. Been suffering with a stupid migraine (still am a bit...though I think it's turning for the better now...finally!) and being on the computer is not a good thing then.

Anyway, can I please say: thank you for all the comments you're all leaving. It's really interesting to read them and I always get amazed and surprised to find out I have regular readers in far away countries. It's sooooo nice!!

Had a little play with the "Toby" range of "Love Elsie" over the weekend and came up with this layout:

Supplies are: Bazzill black cardstock, Love Elsie "Toby" fabric paper, patterned paper, cardstock stickers and ribbons, Hambly transparency, Heidi Swapp big lime brad and Basic Grey border rub-ons.

I'm thinking about possibly getting a long-reach stapler. I really love using my stapler while scrapping but it's very limiting only to be able to reach a few centimetres in from each edge. Though I have noticed we're talking about £20 for one (!)...anyone got one and is it worth the investment please....? LOL!

I doubt my head is in any sort of state to scrap today but we'll see...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ordered from staples.com or from educationalessentials.com (can't remember offhand) a long reach stapler. I haven't received it yet.I'm psyched because I can do booklets to for my kids in my class at school. I think the ones from office supply stores are more durable. I have one from ek success and it really isn't that long and it feels like cheap plastic.

-patty

Unknown said...

Just love this page you have done, the colors & the
layout of photos . . . your usual great unique style.

Anso I bought a long arm stapler last week from Office Supply store (cost $47.95 AUD, brand is Stanley Bostitch, has 12" reach) it's worth it as I too love to use my color staples (Making Memories) on my pages. I had to borrow my sister's one whenever I needed it, so now I can just staple away. . . if you like stapling, get one, they hold ordinary staples. You can even use to bind mini albums. Where will u store it??

It's unreal to think I too can talk to someone overseas Anso. I have only had my computer for four mths even tho I have been scrapping for 3 yrs, so it opens up a whole new world for me, shopping, reading blogs (I haven't got one), ideas, browsing shops & galleries, etc.

keep up the good work . . .Margaret (Australia)

Deanne said...

Hia
I purchased my long arm stapler from Colemans for £15, a god send I must say.
You are still also a true inspiration to me, I havent put any LO's on my blog yet, but must update it soon.

Anonymous said...

hello from london, ontario canada! i lurk on your blog while working the night shift! blah!!! love reading thru and getting lots of cool ideas! love love the new pages you have been doing!!!!

i have a product called the fastenator i think. long reach sort of similiar to a stapler but it does colourful bigger bars..some of them have words and they come in a zillion colours! fun to play with and more visual than a staple!!!!

thanks for sharing on your blog!

Anonymous said...

I got this one for 6.93

http://www.stationeryatwork.co.uk/home_news.aspx?gclid=CMe3qObG-YwCFQjtlAodARu38w

and the staples cost 9p for 1000!

Louise x

Classroomfree said...

As a fello migraine sufferer, you have my utmost sympathy.

Jules x
www.perkypigs.com