Thursday, May 24, 2007

Designing with...

Got my June issue of Creating Keepsakes today! Always nice to read... Feel like I have waited for this issue for an eternity. It must be about 2 weeks since it started arriving with people in the UK. Not sure why my copy has taken soooo long time...

Today's layout that I have made is a total scraplift from the 4th of May page in the Autumn Leaves Desiging With...2007 calendar. This was a challenge over on the Scrap-Room forum. To scraplift something from any day in May. Papers and stickers are by KI Memories.

And then I have to apologise - I totally forgot to answer some questions I got yesterday. Sorry about that! So here we go:

Cynthia - wants to know about unmounted stamps, why I bought mine unmounted and what the advantages are? Right, for me there are two BIG positive things about unmounted stamps. Okay so you have to spend a little time mounting them on to some EZ Mount (it's a foam sheet that sticks to the back of the stamp on one side - to give cushioning when stamping - and has selfcling on the other so you can use them with an acrylic block) but it is so worth it: 1) the cost - unmounted are so much cheaper than wood mounted stamps, and 2) they take up much less space. I really would not by wood mounted stamps at all now unless I really, really wanted a certain image and it was the only way to get it. My absolute favourite stamps are acrylic stamps though :)

Kate - please put your e-mail in the comment section and I will contact you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I have learned so much from you Anso really I have Thank You So Much for sharing your expertise with me. I have missed out on buying so many stamps because of the cost. Hmmm so now do I go and buy up all the stamps I missed out on? (lol) I think not my credit card would say no way!!! Again thanks for sharing your knowledge and creativity with us all.

Kate said...

Anso, there's an e-mail link in the profile on my blog. I'm having a bit of down time in conjunction with half-term, but if you e-mail me I will catch up with you again in a few days.

** Kate **