Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I took the challenge...

You know when you have one of those days...Your wake up and feel generally unmotivated, your head hurts and you feel like you're coming down with something and creativity is as far away from your brain as possible? That was my morning today.

I really wanted to scrap, I had made sure I had the time to do it, but still it just wasn't happening. I couldn't find any energy and ideas for it. Yet I really wanted to do another layout for the Product Playground class. So I want to thank Carin for setting me the following challenge, which got me scrapping:
At least 70% has to be covered with patterned paper. Use a colour you won't often use (even if it's on a tiny embellishment) and put some of your title in a bookplate.

And this is what I came up with. (The background cardstock is actually white - even though on the photo it looks blue at the bottom!) I definitely passed on the 70% patterned paper (Chatterbox - both the striped and the blue) and using a colour I don't normally use (BRIGHT red on the title). As for the "part of title in bookplate" I guess you could argue if I really did that or not. I figured that putting some of the title in the bookplate would mean the title had to be very small. And it didn't really work for what I wanted. So I compromised and put the date in the bookplate instead.

No comments: