Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Card dare and magnets...

Finished this week's card making dare yesterday. This week's challenge was to create a card using a foreign language. Suited me perfectly! Though Ross' suggestion made me laugh, he said I should have done my card in English since that is not my first language! LOL! Anyway, here's what I came up with...




...and for those of you who can't read Swedish: "Grattis PÄ Födelsedagen" means "Happy Birthday". Tri-folded my card, sliced off the top diagonally, added some Basic Grey papers and buttons. Quite enjoyed doing a card in a different shape...

On Sunday we went to IKEA (being Swedish, I just loooove the Sweden Shop at the end!) and I got a little magnetic board to put all my notes on. Bought some magnets too, but they looked rather boring and plain:


...so I ended up decorating some of them a bit. Might have got a bit crazy by making them so bright...but hey, at least they make you smile when you look at them, which is the main thing. And the magnets themselves were so cheap that if I get tired of them it's not the end of the world to throw them and buy some more.

I got some exciting post yesterday afternoon. Two pizzaboxes with stash were delivered. One was the mystery kit for the UK Scrappers cybercrop in two weeks. Since it's a secret kit, I guess I'm not allowed to say what's in it...but let's just say the colours didn't surprise me. Some of the papers inside I really, really like - so I'm sure I can make something out of that.

The other box contained a very cool DT kit. I've been asked to be a guest member of a DT. Not sure how secret or not it is, so I better not mention who for just yet. You'll find out in about a month's time... Anyway, I'm really excited about it (and feel very honoured to be a guest DT member!!) and can't wait to have a play with the goodies.

15 comments:

Tracey said...

Great card. Welcome to blogdom and the 'Daring Card Makers'.

Tracey x

Clare said...

anso! go post on the dare blog so they can come see your delish card!

Bee10 said...

Great card and fab blog
Barbara

Shirley said...

Fabulous lil magnets! Great Blog!

Kelly K said...

Welcome to Blogdom and our world of Daring Cardmakers Anso! It's great to see another new face and your card is gorgeous! I've got to give this tri-fold shaped card thingy a try...

Paula J Atkinson said...

Welcome to blog-land..beware it is addictive...rather like cards & paper & dares & paper & cards & did I say paper!!!!
Lovely card, fab magnets & I lurrrve Ikea..... My home is furnished with Ikea & no one guesses.....except the sofa & blow me the one I wanted wouldn't fit!!!

Gillian said...

Hi Anso,
great card... it's Fab, with a capital 'F'....
By the way great blog, love your title....
TTFN Gillian

Gillian said...

Just a hint,,,
put word verification on your comments, or you'll get spam messages on your comments...

Rhi said...

I love your card, so funky! Your magnets are ace too. My favourite bit of ikea is the sweedish meatballs and sauce made from red berries (can't remember their name)They're Lush!

Thanks for joining in the dare :D
Rhi x

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Anso - what a fab card - I like the shaped ones - thanks so much for joining in with the dare - hope this is the first of many cards we see from you :-)

How clever are you altering your magnets and they look brill :-)

Debbie
xxxxxx

Lynne said...

Oo love your card Anso.

Kathy said...

Great card Anso - I'm thinking that I really need to have a go at the trifold cards, Tracey of Carrot Joose has done a couple now for the dares and they look fab.

Welcome to the Daring Cardmakers, I hope you enjoyed palying along with us and will join in often.

Lythan said...

Ooh I'm so pleased you have a blog as I love your work! And the card is just awesome!

domestic goddess said...

fab magnets anso :)
good to see you blogging too :)

Anonymous said...

Great to read your blog Anso. Love the card.
Jill
x