Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Edge Burn...

I got totally behind on things yesterday. Were out all day and by the time we came home I was just ready to collapse on the bed with a good book for a while and then catch up on the latest in the Big Brother house. :)

(Before)

(After)
So I totally missed out on doing my class lesson yesterday. I have just caught up with yesterday's lesson this morning and I still have today's to do later. Yesterday was all about "edge burning". I have tried this before using a different technique (and I do like the look of edge burning a lot) but what we learnt yesterday was all new to me. So I really enjoyed this lesson :)

(Before)

(After)
I played around with the edge burning technique both om colour and black & white photos. I think it works well on both types. It's a great technique to use if you have something in the middle of your photo that you really want to stand out and the background, the edges, of the photo is not so important. Of course, if I was going to print my photos I would have gone for a slightly more subtle effect than I have gone for here. But I think it's fun to take things a bit more to the extreme when you're just learning and playing. After all, that's how you learn what is good and what is taking something too far.

1 comment:

Mole said...

I can see the difference!