Thursday, June 04, 2009

Playing With Colour...

Colour play such a huge part in our scrapping. It's easy to stick with your favourite colours or the colours that are "picked for us" by using a certain paper collection etc. But sometimes it's fun to break that pattern. To make something using colours that are randomly picked for us...

Yesterday I read a blog post where Shimelle gave a link to a very cool colour picker. As they say themsleves: "Spin The Wheel and get a selection of three random colors. The color wheel randomizes among some 16 million colors. And since each spin produces three different colors, that gives endless combinations. (or 2 to the power of 70 or so, which is a very large number). Enough to keep anyone busy for a while."

These are my first 4 spins. Pretty cool, eh? Pick one colour as your main colour and the other two as accent colours. I think these combinations are all very scrap-able. The 4th colour combination is definitely most "me" in terms of colours that I like...

...but I'm very intrigued by the 2nd spin. The teal/aqua, peach and red - I think that would work great on a layout. It's rather tempting me at the moment and I might just have to hunt in my stash for those colours sometime :)

If you like the look of this, try ---> SPIN THE WHEEL :)

2 comments:

Liberty :) said...

Thanks Anso - this is perfect for decorating my new house and finding shades that go together :)

Bethany said...

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing the color wheel.