Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Playing With Wood Colours...

I've done some playing and practising with my Copics this week. At the moment I'm trying out different combinations of shades for wood...

I've got a Copic book... it's called Copic Coloring 2... or something similar to that wording. I haven't got it here at the computer to check at the moment. Anyway what I wanted to say is that the blank sign image is from the book and the first colour suggestion is from there...

Colours: RV66, G43, G46, E09, E11 and E15

Then I started picking some other colours and came up with a slightly lighter and more beige version:

Colours: R56, YG23, YG25, E53, E55 and E87

And I really like this one. It's a bit brighter and more "me" in the colours so that makes me happy :)

Finally I decided (though I was very, very sceptical about this!!) to try some browns with more red tones in them...

 Colours: RV55, E33, E35, E47, YG63 and YG67

And that combination surprised me most of all...

Here you can see all three together and who knows if I don't like the redder toned one best. Or the middle one! :) Normally I'm not even a "red" person at all so that's really surprised me and made me realise even more that it's good to think outside the box and try combinations which you have never tried before.

Hope this was useful to someone else but me too and, if you have time, I'd love to hear your own recommended shades for wood please :)

No comments: