Sunday, October 17, 2010

Christmas Album Time...

Are you doing a Christmas album this year? Have you started thinking about it yet? Maybe even got started on the basics or gathered some supplies?

It's been on my mind quite a bit lately. I recently got this Christmas album which I *might* be using...

I really like the shape of the album and also the pages it already comes with (a mix of pretty patterned papers, transparencies and felt pages). I also think (as long as I try and not really add bulky embellishments) that the binder rings will be big enough to hold 31 pages. But I'm not sure...

It's down to either using that album or to make my own covers (which I have done every year so far). It's 8x8 inches and that's a bit bigger than I normally like to work with for my Christmas album. I normally favour the rectangular format too...

I usually vary the size and format for the pages in my album. Having said that, there's nothing stopping me adding some smaller pages, rectangular pages, envelopes etc in this album...

Me thinks I need to think a bit more about this. What would you have done if you were me? What are *you* doing...? :) I'd love to hear! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having a hard time deciding what size/shape to do this year. I did a 12 x 12 December album last year -- which is my preferred size -- but if I did it again at that size I would go more minimalistic -- with one side of the two pages being just gorgeous patterned paper + the date and the other side *perhaps* being done digitally using Ali Edwards overlays or templates. Still pondering!

~ Laura

elizabeth rosemond said...

I do like this book, super cute! I would be a wee bit concerned about how much it would hold though. How thick have your books been in years past? Maybe do a quick measure and double check??

Anonymous said...

Could you please tell me where you got this gorgeous album? I have been looking for one, but none caught my eye, and I have fallen for this one! Thanks

Sheila