Monday, February 02, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow...

Yesterday afternoon it started snowing here. Just very small flakes whirling around in the wind. It was not until in the evening when it started settling on the ground. It continued to snow on and off during the evening and night...

These are just some photos from the neighbourhood this morning... It's still snowing more or less all the time and the sky is very grey. I definitely think we have more to come...

It seems like most of England is at a stand still. Roads closed, schools closed, trains cancelled... For me, being from Sweden, this is not very much snow at all. But here it's bad and not something you'd really want to drive in. In Sweden we have special snow tyres (no not the sow chains - this is different) which makes it safer to drive in bad conditions (not that it's ever "safe").

I frequently remember going to school in lots & lots more snow than this. Sometimes it was around -20 degrees and mum would drive us to school. It was so cold that you'd breathe in and your nostrils would stick together because of the cold. We built big (a metre, a metre and a half tall and several metres wide) snow fortresses in the garden and then had huge snowball fights with the neighbour's children. So much fun! So much snow and so cold LOL!

2 comments:

Shanilie said...

HI! I just came by your blog. I just love all the scrapbooking ideas! Thanks! Please feel free to pop by my blog some time.

Rhonda said...

Anso,

I grew up in Canada and -20 degree weather (that celcuis folks) was common. I totally relate to the nostrils freezing shut (that and eyelids freezing together too)

I visit your blog almost daily thanks for all of the inspiration.

Rhonda