Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Goin' Nuts" Layout Class...

I designed this class as part of my on-line class work for A Trip Down Memory Lane. Please feel free to use these instructions to make your own layout. You are free to link to this page from any forum etc if you wish. Please do NOT copy this information and/or photos to use for your own classes/forums/webpages without permission.

Supplies needed:
Making Memories – Noteworthy – Delaney Floral
Making Memories – Noteworthy – Delaney Ledger Circle
Making Memories – Noteworthy – Delaney Die Cut Scallop
Making Memories – Noteworthy - Adhesive Glitter Clears #30886
Making Memories – Noteworthy – Diecuts Glitter Box #30287
American Crafts – Thickers – Shoe Box, Pink Glitter #42383
American Crafts – Thickers – Gift Box, Black #42759
Doodlebug sugar coated brads (4 to match your flower diecuts)

Also needed:
Scraps of white cardstock
Glue (I use Herma removable)
Black journaling pen (Zig Millennium)
Charcoal Chalk Inkpad (optional)

Start by cutting your “Floral” paper to size. We will be using the blue side with dots of this as the base for the layout. I scrap in true A4 size, so I cut mine to 29,7x21 centimetres (cm). Please feel free to adapt to another layout size if you prefer.

Pick your photo. I’m using two landscape photos at 10x15 cm. I have trimmed them a little at the top and the bottom so they measure about 8,5 cm tall.

Cut a corner from the scalloped paper (10x10 cm) and two strips from the “Ledger Circle” paper, rip one of the long edges of each piece and then ink the edges.

Attach your paper pieces to your background using the photo below for placement. My bottom strip starts about 2 cm from the bottom edge of the layout and my top strip starts about 5 cm from the top of the layout.

Glue your photos in place and cut off any bits that hang over the edge of your layout.

Cut two narrow strips from the “Ledger Circle” paper, rip one of the long edges on each, ink the edges and attach to the layout with the orange side up.

Use your packs of Thickers to make up your title. I chose to place part of my title on top of my photos.

Create a little flower arrangement partially overlapping the right top corner of the right photo. Use the diecuts and the glitter clears plus some Doodlebug brads for this.

Finally add a square journaling diecut from the pack to the top left corner, journal onto strips of white cardstock, ink the edges and glue in place.

Your finished layout should now look something like this:

I hope you enjoyed my class! Wishing you lots of fun creating your own version!

No comments: