Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Journal - Cover + Extras...

For my Christmas album I used this Pink Paislee album...

It's a plain canvas album (with lots of fun mixed page protectors) in a white, kinda creamy, colour. I decided to put some of my Cosmic Shimmer Misters to use and after a few days of spraying, drying, spraying, drying... the result is this:

What you can't see in the picture is the shimmer from the mica in the sprays. I tried taking a few close-up photos tilting the cover in the sun... but I'm not sure it's much more obvious in the photos there either ...?

Oh well. It's shimmery in reality at least :) Now I need to add some sort of title to the front. I will be back with more photos once that is done...

I have mentioned before that I'm happy using photos in my album which might be taken on a different day. I'm also happy to just use whatever size/shaped page protector comes next in my album... and if that *really* doesn't work, then I'm happy moving things around, adding or removing something.

Heading onto Day 4 (which I'll add in my next update) I wanted to documenting making our Christmas cards. And I always include one of them in the album. Only the page protector pockets for Day 4 were not tall enough to fit the card. What to do? I had a little think and in the end I decided to add an extra 5x7 page protector between Day 3 and Day 4. :)

So the first side is just a pretty green polka dot paper with the card attached to it (it had to be placed sideways but I'm totally fine with that) :)

And on the back I just used a piece of card cut from an empty Christmas card box + a word sticker. Everything works - no stress :)

No comments: